Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 4

November 2

(editor note...I think Rach is typing on a Spanish keyboard, and/or trying to type quickly, so I've decided to stop editing and just enjoy the emotions behind the words :))

heyy mama!!! so many cool things happened and learned this week!! i taught my comp and a couple other sisters your Seek Ye First round and we sing it like every night and its the best and i love it and it makes me miss yall so much! Maybe ill teach em the food song too! Also, there´s been a big empahasis on ancestors this week and how they are our guardian angels and protecting us and cheering us on from the other side and its awesome. so thanks for sharing your stories about Grandma Olsen and how youve felt her cause it just makes it all seem so much more real to me. I love teaching the plan of salvation cause i know its true and i can feel their efforts from the other side. ALso, im not like 100% sure but its whatevs, i love this scrupitre.. if you still need one for my plague haha. Alma 32:41 (or42) its the second to last verse in the chapter and its kinda long but i love the diligence and faith required to bring to pass so much good.

Love you!! Ill say more in my groupo email!!

Group email
This week i totally increased my faith that God is still a God of miracles. I was made Sister District Leader this week.. which is a lot less exciting than it sounds lol. I get to carry around a box of medicine and hand out "drugs" when people are sick haha. But I also have to go to the leadership meetings which are totally and completely in Spanish. I went to the first one this sunday and barely understood the gist of the meeting. I went back upstaris and almost cried, but i turned to the scriptures instead. I opened the Book of Mormon to Mormon 9 which is talking about Miracles and how God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. It was literally the exact thing i needed to hear. Im seriously gonna need a miracle to be able to speak and understand this crazy language and i know that God will provide one if i put in my part and study nonstop lol. Honestly just in 4 weeks, ive had the hardest and best days in my life. Don´t really know how that makes sense but it does and i love it.

My comp is an opera singer too, btdubs and shes really good and it was so crazy and awesome to hear her finally break out in song!!!

Couple sweet quotes from the week from my amazing district and/or devotionals:

"See the wickedness of the world and decide to be different"
"We need to engraven the word of God and Christ´s name on our hearts and then share it with others"
"Every good prayer starts with repentence"
"Become and EPISTLE of the Lord"

Take those how you may, but to me, they mean that we all have an amazing opportunity to share the good news of the gospel with everyone and a responsibility too. I love being a missionary and I can´t wait to go find real people in less than two weeks!!

3 Nephi 13:33 - Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Love yáll, Go forth and be amazing!!

Hermana Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment