Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 2

October 19, 2016

Hola! I literally almost just got run over 4 times and almost got eaten by an enormous ant. Okay that's exaggerating a little, but not that much. Guatemalans are cray cray and I absolutely love them all.

This week has been exciting, interesting, and I have come to love the CCM so much! The spirit is so incredibly strong throughout this entire building it feels like I'm on cloud nine from the moment I wince my eyes open at 6:30 to the second I fall asleep. Cool little miracle that happened last night: I was crawling into bed right at 10:30 (cause being obedient is easy when you´re incredibly tired every single day:) when my chest started to feel like it was pretty much caving in. I honestly don´t know why but my companion (who is a nurse) told me this morning that it probably was something called Angina, which is just like a stress response but could get worse and lead to respiratory failure if the person gets scared and can't breathe and such lol. Anyway, I just tried to breathe normally and slowly and calm myself down for like 20 min cause I really didn't want to wake up my companion or try to wake up the president to go get some elders to give me a blessing.. So I basically poured my heart out to God in prayer and just plead with him to let me breathe and sleep for the 8 hours I needed, and at 6:30, if I was still dying, I´d ask for a blessing. I honestly can´t remember actually feeling relief and falling asleep, but I woke up this morning with no pain and just a testimony that God answers prayers. even and maybe especially simple fervent prayers where His children sincerely need his help. I know our heavenly Father hasn´t forgotten about me down here in the middle of nowhere in Guatemala, and I testify that he hasn´t forgotten about you. If there is something you need in your life or a question you need answered or you just need to feel love, I would urge you to pray, even a simple prayer, and I know Heavenly Father will answer your prayer.

We had a devotional from the area president down here in Central America. I think his name is Kevin Duncan? Anyway, he talked about the phrase for missionaries ´´Teach Repentance, Baptize Converts´´ which I really liked and honestly hadn´t heard before. I think sometimes in the church the word ´´repentance´´ has a bad rep and we don't talk about it in the right way. But he described it not as suffering or punishment or even just the feeling of remorse, but as a CHANGE. A turning around and back to the path of happiness. turning away from our sins and don´t ever turn back. I love that description and it makes repentance seem like such a happy process. If we teach and talk about repentance in that way, it will seem like such a better thing and we will all be able to be relieved of any guilt or pain from our sins. And the way to that happiness is through the Savior.

This is God´s mission, not mine and I know His hand is guiding my every step, so long as I trust in Him and remember him the whole time. I love you all and I know that this is where I need to be right now.

I don't have time to translate that - stick it into google translate lol cause its incredible and I know it's true and I'm trying to live by it every day.
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! write me!!

Hermana Townsend<33

Mosiah 4:9 Creed en Dios; creed que él existe, y que creó todas las cosas, tanto en el cielo como en la tierra; creed que él tiene toda sabiduría y todo poder, tanto en el cielo como en la tierra; creed que el hombre no comprende todas las cosas que el Señor puede comprender.

No comments:

Post a Comment