Wednesday, November 30, 2016

EL CAMPOI!!! What do you take for granted?

November 21

TOLIET PAPER! My first night here in the crazy far out mountains of JALAPA and our casa doesn`t have toliet paper! What a fantastic way to start the mish!

My companion is Hermana Vazquez from Mexico and she understands more spanish than she cares to speak, but she understands my spanglesh lol. I am literally in the area farthest from the mission home way out in the mountains of >Guatemala and its actually cold here! Who knew! WE`re going to the market today to buy more warm clothes lol.

They call me "Canche" here cause Im a gringa and I have totally embraced it, while at the same time trying my very best to learn spanish and speak it all the time. Sometimes I forget to talk becasue Im just trying to process all the spanish going on around me. They people here are so incredibly open to talk to us and I love it.We eat huge lunches with a plentitud of tortillas every single day which is probably why Im getting fat lolz. But seriously, D&C 84:81 is so true, Ive never wondered what im gonna eat, it always somehow appears. What a blessing!

On Friday we met a woman whose 4 children are all members. Her name is Emma and I felt like I had an immeadiate connection with her. I sincerely can`t speak that well and its kind of hard for these people to understand me, but I try my best and leave the rest up to the Lord and His spirit to testify of the truth of what Im trying to say. She`s gonna get baptized, just give it a week or two.

The Lord will always provide, especially when you are serving Him with all your heart! Don`t take things for granted, whether its toilet paper or time, or your fam or anything else you love! Be grateful! Be happy! That`s why we`re here in this life - TO BE HAPPY!! I love Guatemala! I love being a missionary and sharing this amazing gospel in my broken Spanish!! HAVE a fantastic week yàll!! <<lol spanish keyboards

Hermana Townsend (finally a real missionary in el campo!)













No comments:

Post a Comment