Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16
No group email again, so here's some excerpts from family letters:

I sincerely can't pick just one favorite scripture, the Book of Mormon is lleno (full) of them and my testimony is built on that amazing book. I bought a tiny English one that I carry everywhere so when I don't understand exactly what a verse is saying I can quickly look it up in my English one lol. Honestly I feel so incredibly blessed to have grown up speaking the language of the Restoration. The book of Mormon is the truth in any language, I have no doubt about that, but to me, it is most powerful in English, todavia lol. I'm trying to read more in Spanish though, cause I know at some point (like when I finish the book of Mormon for the first time) I'm going to read it again in Spanish. Woooooo I'm so excited! I'm getting better every day, The Lord is blessing me so much.

Mum, I sincerely believe that the Lord is blessing you (and all our family) with trials during this time while you still have two missionaries out. (BTDUBS SO COOL THAT ABBY GETS TO TRAIN HER LAST TWO TRANSFERS. I need to email her lol)) Sometimes its hard to have such a positive outlook when people don't follow through on commitments or don't come to church, but then you have a baptism or read an amazing scripture and the Lord reminds us that He has always been there for us. I am so grateful for His loving guidance all throughout our lives. Angie shared this scripture in her email last week, 2 Nephi 2-6. This is the hope and light and everlasting happiness of the gospel. How incredibly blessed we are to know the truth and to know the plan!

Oh by the way, we had a baptism!!! LIDA PANTUJ is from the highlands of Guatemala and is moving to a city like 30 min away any day now, but she has grown so much in these two months. I emailed Dad about her last week, when she had her interview with President, and he cleared her for baptism. She is amazing. I know she is going to be so strong. And pretty much all the elders in our zone came and we bought a cake and it was so great!!!

Also, any ideas on how to ''spark' the ward members into missionary work? Or just into getting together more and feeling more closeknit? This ward is struggling right now because they are always thinking about how great the ward was in the past and they don't know how to get it back to that great glory days lol. WE NEED ideas for activities!! If you guys can think or tell me about some that you have done in your new ward, We would so appreciate it!!

Love you so so so much. Praying for you every day. And how powerful prayer is, when we do it in the right way.
Hermana Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment