Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

January 2, 2017
HOLA FAMILIA!! (Dad, check your FB messenger pls :D ) FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!

Guatemalans absolutely love fireworks and all things to do with fire so for Christmas and New years they set the world on fire and I was sincerely scared LOL. But don't worry, I'm still alive so we're all good. Hope you guys lit at least a few things on fire, cause what better way to celebrate the time we have than to set the world on fire, right? I love fire haha.

We had such a fantastic week!!!! Our goal that our president sent us was to get 10 new people with baptismal dates for this week or 2 new families. We only found 9, and 1 family, but man the Lord is seriously preparing people. In one of our lessons with Mildred, a mom of 3 whose husband is a hardcore catholic, we took the president of the RS with us and wow members are so key. We talked about the restoration (we had already explained the PofS in other lessons) and it was literally so cool. I can't express how important the testimony of that member was. She testified of the true church and how it helps us change our entire lives and our families and we can become better, I sincerely believe that without that testimony, Mildred would not have accepted our invitation to be baptized, after she reads and discovers this gospel for herself. I am so excited for her!!

We got to do SERVICE this week!! Instead of our Weekly Planning session (that we had another day, don't worry) we went and painted a school before they all go back from vacations, with our whole district, it was so sweettt!! Oh, and transfers were last week so we have an awesome new zone and they opened another area in our zone so we have another companionship - more elders...yay... haha nah, they're all so cool and fun and I love working with these people who all have so much faith. They strengthen me every time we get together and talk, even if it's only when we're playing basketball for p-day and I school them all(; that's a lie, I'm so bad.. but I haven't lost all my skills yet haha.

Okay, probably the best experience of my mission happened this week, get ready:

We were in the home of a die-hard Lutheran whose husband is a ''maso menos'' investigator so we stopped by. He wasn't home but we sang a song with his wife and I knew my comp didn't want to stay too long, but I felt impressed to share Alma 7:11-12, which has become a pretty popular scripture for missionaries, or so it seems. But Anyway, I read it in my broken Spanish (cause reading and writing are still really, really hard lol) and I just felt an overwhelming truth to what I was reading. I honestly don't know exactly what happened. She started to share her stories of healing and the miracles that God had done in her life, but all I could do was reflect over and over and feel that warmth wash over me over and over and over again. I know He lives, guys. I have a burning testimony of Him and His power to heal and to comfort us. He wants to rescue us from whatever we are going through and wants to hold our hand and experience the happy times with us too. I have that ''burning testimony'' we always hear about. It's a seriously incredible feeling and I feel so blessed to get to spend this ENTIRE YEAR being His personal representative and testifying of Him. He is my Savior and the Savior of the world. And He loves you personally!!

Happy new year!!! Keep serving others and remember that the Savior is the reason for every season of the year!
LOVE YOU ALL
Hermana Townsend



No comments:

Post a Comment