Monday, December 26, 2016

MORE CHRIST

December 26

Sucabano wichilal y quinchabejes!! (Hola fam and friends in quechì - a native Guatemalan language we're learning from one of our investigators!!)

Hope all y'all's Christmases were sweet and full of the true reason for the season!

This week was our Semana Navideña for our ward and we had an awesome activity every night. We ate way too many cookies and drank a ton of hot chocolate, but its all good cause we're in the mission! We had a bonfire and karaoke one night and the bishop made me sing in English in front of the whole ward.. Don't know if that was 100% within the rules, but we're trying to work more with the members and I think singing for them helped them to understand that we're fun people as well as missionaries lol. On Thursday we were in charge of the activity and we centered it on Gratitude, the theme of the day in the church's Christmas Initiative, LIGHTTHEWORLD. (If you haven't gotten a chance yet, go watch the video MORMON.ORG. it is so good!!)) We talked about all the things we can be grateful for, especially in this season of christmas! And then the kids killed some awesome pinatas shaped like Santa and Mrs. Claus. So FUN!!

Also, we literally ran home every night this week because of all the activities and the rule that we have to be in our casa by 9:00pm. Maybe that'll help me with all this bread Im eating haha.

Hna Vazquez and I had a really cool and very simple experience this week. We were singing Master the Tempest is raging and it started raining and pouring super loud (especially with our tin roof). We sang in Spanish first and then in English and by the end of the song, the rain completely stopped. I know it sounds really simple, but to me it was sincerely a testimony that Heavenly Father knows and understands all the ''storms'' that are going on in our lives. He wants to help us. I am working on making my prayers more sincere right now and sincerely telling Our Heavenly Father all the crazy things that are going on and my fears and worries. I know He loves each and every one of us and He wants to answer our prayers. He is so close when we pray, it's like talking to your dad. And He will answer your prayers.

Little funny thing I said wrong in Spanish (there's a ton more, don't worry):

There's a hymn titled ''Asomobro Dio a los Magos'' (in English, With Wondering Awe) and one time I said MANGOS instead of Magos (wise men) and now Hna Vazquez and I can't sing that song without busting up laughing.. It's only gotten us in trouble a couple times lol.

Christ is our example in everything. Our goal in this life is to become more and more like him. I know when we serve others we are fulfilling that mandate and we are developìng His attributes. Keep up the fantastic work you are doing and continually stretch yourselves in everything. 
GROW, CHANGE, BECOME!!
Matthew 25: 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
CON MUCHISIMAS AMOR,
Hna Townsend
                                               Baptism on Christmas Day! Sair Romero
 
Family Skyping :)


No comments:

Post a Comment