Monday, December 5, 2016

VA PUES 2 MESES!!

December 5

Literally everyone says VA PUES, after like every sentence and its hilarious. But I've been a missionary for 2 Months today!! Doesn't feel real and I don't feel like I know enough spanish yet, but its all good!

Last week we had our first Reunion de las Hermanas with almost all the Sisters in my mission and it was fantastic! My mission president's wife has a saying that has become the theme of this mission: LOVE MORE, JUDGE LESS. I love it so much. We need to always try to see others how God sees them, becuase it really isnt our place to judge whether or not someone will accept the gospel or do something. We've been trying really hard to talk to everyone in the streets, even and maybe especially those who don't seem very likely to accept the gospel. Its super fun, there's so many crazy people here in Guate.

Another little quote has been going through my head almost every day for the past 3 weeks. Its a quote by a professional swimmer or something about how he got to be so good and why he's different





from all the average swimmers: I KICK WHEN I DONT WANNA KICK. This helps me so much when we're still walking at like 8pm and Im tired and we have tamales waiting for us at our house, I keep kicking, (or walking) because I know there's an awesome purpose, even if i cant see it in the moment.

We had our first classes de ENGLISH!! Didn't go quite as well as I'd planned, but it was fun to talk in English, even if not everyone understood lol. Also, Hna Vazquez and I have a new saying. There's literally a bakery (Panaderia) like every ten steps and we have so little self control so we buy a lot of bread lol. HOWEVER. Our new saying is COMPRANDO PAN PARA BAUTIZAR!! Buying bread to baptize!! Its great.

GUYS KEEP KICKING!! You can do it!!! There is an awesome work at hand and we get to be a part of it! Keep kicking, keep being awesome!!

Hna Townsend(:

Answers to questions: Yes, we pay the members, yes, Im eating fruits and veggies, at least 2-3 every day(= We also get the Liahona here (all the missionaries) and I read the first presidency message last night. I loved the idea of having PEACE throughout the year, just like the peace of christmas time, through the sacrament,and remembering our covenants. Thanks for your hug, its warming the cockles of my heart right now. The christmas devotional last night was in spanish and it was kinda rough.. but the english music was the best, i literally almost cried. Hna vazquez is learning english too and since she understands a lot, i speak in english more than I probably should lol. Nah, I speak a ton of spanish, but it was nice last night to hear other peopleee sing in english. LOve and miss you all so much!! The church is true and we're doing a whole lot about it down here in the mountains of GUATE!!

Hna TOwnsend

No comments:

Post a Comment